Thursday, April 30, 2009

Finding the right way to explain something when it is technical in itself.

Have you ever undertaken a task to explain something when it is just too technical to put into simple terms? Well, I'm busy with a task right now, where I need to do just that, it has been extremely difficult for me to explain it in simple terms, because I'm just so used to the technical jargon.

I find myself using my brain more than ever before and it is a challenging job. I thought this would be a piece of cake, but clearly I was wrong. I will keep trying to get the mix right until I do get it right, but I think this task will take me a lot longer than I thought.

For all you technical folks out there, don't under estimate how difficult it is to explain something to some one that has not got a clue about what you are talking about. You will find yourself frustrated and the other person none the wiser.

So to come to the point. Put yourself in their shoes just for a little while and try and make it as simple as possible.

No comments: