Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The journey continues...

As I write this, I am sat here in my pj's and my dressing gown with fluffy pink slippers on. So you can imagine, I'm still not fully awake yet, but I couldn't wait any longer to tell you the news.

http://www.bits4babies.com has had a make-over. We have spent hours and hours trying to get the site up to scratch again.... yes, we did get complacent, but now we are focused again and things are running nicely again. Bits 4 Babies was established on 6 January 2006 and has gone through many transformations, then we hit a stumbling block. We were teetering, we knew that now was the time when we would either slide back or go full steam ahead. We did the latter.

Over the past 2 weeks we have been consulting with other professionals and we have done the work necessary to give it that one last push. We got rid of all the old product pages, search pages etc and it is slowly correcting itself on the search engines. Kev and I are exhausted, but we keep going on, because we know we have to.

I have learnt a great deal more about web-design and put that into action, I put in what I already knew and added a little more. With advertising and marketing, it was just getting the right mix. We are now on our way up again and it feels great.

Bits 4 Babies US & CA now has a new look. We are planning on putting a community in place for those of you that like to share your experiences with parenting, pregnancy and child care. We hope to have a place where you can blog about your little angels and their antics. Show pictures and just share general information on pregnancy and toddler issues. This will most probably be our next move, but ummmmm, I need to figure out how to use the program. hehehe.

We have a newsletter in place now, so if you would like to know what is happening before anyone else does... Sign up. We would love to have you on board. We were invited onto a e-commerce course via Joel Comm's business associates. He is an expert in his field to say the least. You've seen him on tv, twitter and generally all over the net. He has an interesting out look on business and how it works for him. I can honestly say he has inspired us.

Although we cannot brag figures just yet, I'm sure that in the near future we will be able to give you a little background on how much our business is growing. We're on a plateau at the moment, so as soon as we've hit that next hurdle we'll let you know. The next update will be in a few weeks. So see you all then.

No comments: