Thursday, April 9, 2009

Email Marketing - Is it viable or not?

Personally, I can't stand it. I don't use the practice for one simple reason. I hate getting junk in my email, so why should I fill everyone else's email accounts up with it. I have yet to see email marketing make a real impact.

Email Marketing can be a useful tool if used correctly, but most people don't use it correctly. They keep sending the same "old" rubbish through to my email account. I've got my email account set up so that all emails that are related to selling, or buying or trying out a new deal goes straight to my delete folder.

Yes, there are people out there that read everything that is sent to their email accounts, but don't you think that it would be more polite to actually make up a friendship first before you send them anything. That way you'll know if they are interested in what you've got and you're not hurting anyone.

I tried email marketing once and never again.... I actually got replies back saying they weren't interested and even though, they added their name to the list, they threatened to report me for spam... So, it's a no win situation. I don't like upsetting people, so I don't do it.

Now, I've made a policy for my company not to send emails out. Only if they are replies to customers that want to know something.

No comments: