Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Finding my passions again

When I was a lot younger when the internet had only just opened it's doors to us, I found that I could be what I wanted to be. I wanted to be a short story writer. I was so excited about this that I got myself a free website and I started writing my short stories on there. It wasn't long before I had people asking me if they could put their short stories on my website. At this time, I had no idea about needing quality content. So I went along with it, but I also found myself in a little bit of bother, because some of these short stories had been copied by the writers and that was my very first lesson on the internet. "Never take responsibility for other people's work." So I put a paragraph in on the home page that said something to this effect. "I do not take responsibility for the originality of other authors works. If you have a enquiry about this, please contact the author."

Before I knew it, I was no longer getting disgruntled emails from people that were questioning this. So that was a problem solved. That is where my life on the internet started. I then started to explore avenues for getting paid for what I do... That's when I found out that I had more than one passion. I started learning the ropes of marketing my website and how to monetize it. This was great I thought...

For years I went quite stagnant and didn't really do anything different and was happy to poodle along just getting meger amounts for my website. Then, all at once, things hit me in the head and I have now started up my old passions again. Except I'm not writing short stories anymore, I'm now writing from experience. I write about what I've done and seen, I write about all of my passions and in some way they help me to earn a living.

It's been two months since we started changing things about and I can honestly say it's given us a second wind in what we do and boy the traffic is flooding in and our cashflow is also getting much better again. I am happy to say.!!!

Who said you can't earn anything online? We are proving it to ourselves that it is possible as long as you can string along a few sentences!

So, if you're interested in learning how to get started, just keep watching this space. There will always be helpful information and remember I learnt all of this by experience, so I'll make sure you won't get caught with scams.... I hope so anyway.

No comments: