Monday, March 16, 2009

Questions about Babies

I've heard them all and I've even asked a few myself but what I can't understand is. Why isn't this subject dealt with in schools. I mean, most of us do end up having children or we look after them. I personally think that a few pointers given before we actually have children, can't do any harm.

This subject should probably be dealt with in guidance classes. When a new baby is born you are more or less thrown in at the deep end and you're automatically expected to know what to do. It isn't all natural instinct. Sometimes you need a helping hand. Midwives, health visitors can usually only give you what they've experienced or the more likely one, what they've read in text books.

Every baby is different, every baby has his/her own personality and you'll probably find that if you are a strong willed person, your baby has also gained that from you. So when you think that they are being naughty or just won't stop crying or winging. Put yourself in their shoes and you'll more than likely find that you will be able to cope better with their personality and quirks.

This is just a random thought really as I run a baby related website and the questions asked are things that could easily have been taught in a guidance class.

I do believe our parents should help us and guide us, but even they would struggle with the more technical questions. So, what I'm saying is: We need to be more educated on this subject as this is part of OUR life cycle. We don't have a gene in our bodies that lets us automatically know the procedure of having babies and letting them grow up to be decent human beings. We have to be educated first.

No comments: