Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Projects I would like to take on - Patchwork


I am by no means an expert in doing homecrafts, but I have tried my hand at a few things. I am in the middle of making a patchwork playmat. At first I thought it was going to be one hell of a job, but it turned out that it was fairly easy to do.

The only hiccup I have had so far, is that the wadding was difficult to work through with the sewing machine. All I have to do now is put the main material on the back.

My brother came round last weekend and I was not prepared for the response. As soon as they saw it, him and his girlfriend both said wow. I was shocked, but was really chuffed that they actually liked it, because I think I may have to give it to them in the near future.... ;) I'm not saying she is pregnant now, but who knows, they seem pretty tight to me.

Anyway, the patchwork play mat again was a experiment made up of 4 inch squares and sewn together, then the wadding was put to the back of it with some calico, so that I could sew it all in and make like a quilt effect. The final touch to it will be the back of the playmat, I chose a flannel tartan material, purely because it is super soft and if they really need to, they can use the playmat as a quilt too. The wadding was only 2oz, so not too warm for baby and quite safe.

I also have tons of choices of playmats on our website, these however are not homemade, but come from other stores. The stores that I have used on the website are mainly US, our UK store front is being made up at the moment, so unfortunately I can send you to the UK site yet.

No comments: