Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I went on to create several more crochet blankets.

Since I started with the white, yellow and lime green blanket, I went onto create a few more of these blankets, I experimented with different colours and then with different patterns.

I have found that there is very little in the way of blue and white baby blankets, so I made a couple of these and they went like hotcakes. Using the same types of materials as the first one I created the middle in white and the edge in pale blue. Like I said, they went like hotcakes.

There is so much in the way of pink and everything sweet and nice, but not so much in the way of boys colours. I even created a khaki camoflage one. That was sold instantly. I did not think it looked good, but someone out there loved it and bought it as soon as they could.
I have watched baby blanket market to see what goes well and what doesn't and to be frank with you. It's not all the nice pretty stuff that sells first, it's the old shabby chic styles that go first. You know, like grandma used to make with off cuts of wool. They are seem to go very well.

I've found that there is so much in the way of style, and colour schemes to choose from, you'll never get bored with trying something new. I'll show you the one I made that I thought it was not so good, but somebody liked it. I couldn't believe it.

No comments: